Well people, here we go, Adobe has released a whole new line of CC 2018 products and for today’s Thursday Tut I introduce the good vloggers at tutvid who’ve been so kind to put together an easily digestible video of five killer new features.
- Select and Mask: totally redone with quick selection & refine edge brushes that really does an incredible job of cutting out hair and other more critical fine selection points rather quickly and easily!
- Color and Luma Masks in Raw: effect saturation in ways you couldn’t before in the raw editor (watch the video this gets super in-depth!)
- Variable Fonts: in the reworked properties panel you can rework a font with a ton of precision! Weight, italicization, etc.. is much more customizable now.
- Curvature Pen Tool: takes some tips from illustrator and intelligently sets curves in a predictive manner that makes pathing out a shape a lot easier.
- Brush Smoothing: more accurately represents a real brush stroke. The video does a great job demonstrating this.
So there you have it. 5 killer new features in Photoshop CC 2018 that you can start to utilize right now! There are a ton of other features as well so head over to Adobe’s website for more but in the meantime get way stoked on these 5 features!